[gmx-users] constraints bond length vari by 10%

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Jun 18 01:37:36 CEST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Sebastian Waltz <sebastian.waltz at physik.uni-freiburg.de>
Date: Thursday, June 17, 2010 18:59
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] constraints bond length vari by 10%
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>

> Hi,
>
> I did read the Documentation 5 times now, but I still not
> get is what the shake_tol does tell me. I tried it with 10
> values and can't figure out what it does. My CO bonds are
> constraint. Otherwise I would have bigger variations of the
> bond length. My .mdp file looks like this
>
> constraints         = none
> constraint_algorithm= shake
> shake_tol           = 0.000005
> unconstrained_start = no
>
> My question is more how I can constrain the bond length
> such that they vary only by a factor of +/- 0.0001.

The above is fine, except that your topology probably has no constraints defined in it, because your [constraints] is in the wrong place. Try commenting out the contents of your constraints directive and see if you get identical results. This is the last time I'm going to repeat myself, since you're appearing to ignore my feedback :-)

Mark