[gmx-users] umbrella sampling-Bimodal Histograms

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Mon Jun 21 16:44:38 CEST 2010

Please clarify:

Are doing SMD or are you doing US? If you're doing SMD then you should
not be using WHAM and you should not really be able to generate any
sampling histograms.

Are the histograms that you are referring to population densities of
the sampling along your reaction coordinate?

My guess -- if you're doing US -- is that you have some incorrect pull
group settings. Bimodal distributions are indeed possible, but should
require very long sampling times to achieve, and I doubt that you are
at those times yet. Your Fc is fine. Post your pull settings.

Chris.