[gmx-users] Re: gmx-users Digest, Vol 74, Issue 143

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Jun 27 05:39:14 CEST 2010

lloyd riggs wrote:
> Dear (Justin too),
>
> Thank you for the replies.  My main problem is lack of time, but I still have
> the end of the proteins problem as of now.
>
> I only made the comment to justin partially as a joke, because he A) answeres
> on averidge about 10-20 of these a day, seems too smart to be a help center,
> and B) Every freind I have had in the past whom ends up overdoing on the help
> BB (ie, CCP4, Phsics at CERN, etc...) ends up getting screwed in the end by
> not balancing the "myself" getting my things done and making connections Vs.
> Helping everyone else because they know so damned much about a specific
> topic.  All of my freinds in the similar situation started off looking about
> as promissing, but then get ragged once they graduate, because everyone seems
> to want a slave loyal to themselves as a post doc, before the professorship
> is obtainable, etc...and end up writting video game software, hateing
> academia for the way it really works Vs. the way it is supposed to work in
> the scientific ideology we are taught at Universities and highschool.
>
> In any case, sorry to you Justin, I didn't mean to be such an ass.

Apology accepted.  Please don't feel like you have to save me any trouble or
look out for my productivity.  I only reply to email when I really care to, and
my comments are intended as helpful, not picky or overly critical :)  I do
appreciate this follow-up, as I have received several private emails telling me
I'm a useless jerk, and they really do mean it...

-Justin

> Stephan Watkins

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate