[gmx-users] multiple time step

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 30 09:45:44 CEST 2010

Hi,

Our philosophy up till now is that with bond constraints and hydrogens
replaced by virtual sites one can reach a time step of 4 or 5
femtoseconds. This is roughly equal to the largest time step, used for
the PME mesh part, in multiple time stepping. But we then do less
work on the non-bonded and bonded interactions. Therefore we think
that out aproach is somewhat more efficient.
But we are thinking about implementing multiple time stepping as well.
I already implemented proper reversible multiple time stepping for
the typical Gromos twin-range non-bonded force setup for the 4.5
release.

Berk