[gmx-users] Help for running gromacs

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon May 3 13:49:32 CEST 2010

priyanka panwar wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for help.
> -Command line was:
> Number of (3-Atomic) solvent molecules:4256
> Replacing solvent molecule 499 (atom 2784) with Na

That's not a command line.  What command did you actually type (exactly) to run
genion?

> -Group selected was: 12 (SOL)
> -Gromacs version I am using is 3.3.1

In the absence of any compelling reason (i.e., consistency with previous
simulations), using a Gromacs version that is four years old is not recommended.
  The new 4.0.x series is substantially faster and has many new features.

-Justin

> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Krzysztof Mlynarczyk
> <mitomaster at gmail.com <mailto:mitomaster at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Please post more details including the following:
>
>         * What is the exact command line?
>         * What group do you select as a "continuous solvent"? I know it
>           might sound weird to ask this but what I learned while
>           teaching students is that these questions really should be
>           asked when there are problems.
>         * Which version of Gromacs are you using?
>

>     2010/5/3 priyanka panwar <priyankapanwar20 at gmail.com
>     <mailto:priyankapanwar20 at gmail.com>>
>
>         I am  using Gromacs for Simulation of Insulin.I have generated
>         most of the files but unable to generate the ions.pdb file.The
>         system is becoming idle after the Selection command. A line on
>         the command prompt appears as "replacing solvent molecule with
>         Na" and remains as such for many hours. Is this step really
>         takes too much time or I am doing something wrong.
>         Thanks
>         --
>         before posting!
>         Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
>         www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>         <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>.
>         Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php
>

>     --
>     posting!
>     Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
>     www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>     Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate