[gmx-users] electrostatic interactions

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Mon May 3 18:50:37 CEST 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 6:40 PM, abdullah ahmed wrote:

> Actually I'd just like to know why both structures have such similar
> coloumb energy values.
> If an electro-static interaction is being made in one structure and
> not in the other then their coloumb energy values should be
> different too, no? Wouldn't this be visible with simple energy
> minimisation?
How different are they?

You mention you use encad with "full solvent". Does that mean you ahve
the protein
solvated in a box of water?

If your point is only to show that in one case you have an
electrostatic interaction and not
in the other you might just need to show that with an image! The
energies after minimization
are not necessarily more meaningful ...