[gmx-users] make_edi, g_covar -nofit

Carsten Kutzner ckutzne at gwdg.de
Tue May 4 18:04:17 CEST 2010

Hi Vijaya,

please check out the newest 4.0 version from the git release-4-0-patches
branch. The make_edi problem should be fixed there.

Regards,
  Carsten

On Apr 26, 2010, at 11:19 PM, vijaya subramanian wrote:

> Hi
> I checked again with Gromacs 4.0.7 and I find that I have a problem
> with make_edi when I use eigenvec.trr files generated using g_covar
> -nofit.  I use the -nofit option because the data was already fit to a reference structure
> using trjconv -fit rot+trans.
> I end up with a segmentation fault when I use the following command:
>
> make_edi -linfix "4,5,7,8" -outfrq 500 -f evec170nfit.trr -s fframe170compact.gro -o edsamp.edi -linstep ".000001 .000001 .000001 .000001"
>
> As before I get the following message:
>
>                          :-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S  (-:
>
>                  Good ROcking Metal Altar for Chronical Sinners
>
>                             :-)  VERSION 4.0.7  (-:
>

>       Written by David van der Spoel, Erik Lindahl, Berk Hess, and others.
>        Copyright (c) 1991-2000, University of Groningen, The Netherlands.
>              Copyright (c) 2001-2008, The GROMACS development team,
>             check out http://www.gromacs.org for more information.
>
>          This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
>           modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
>          as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
>              of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
>
>                                :-)  make_edi  (-:
>
> Option     Filename  Type         Description
>   -f evec170nfit.trr  Input        Full precision trajectory: trr trj cpt
> -eig   eigenval.xvg  Input, Opt.  xvgr/xmgr file
>   -s fframe170compact.gro  Input        Structure+mass(db): tpr tpb tpa gro
>                                    g96 pdb
>   -n      index.ndx  Input, Opt.  Index file
> -tar     target.gro  Input, Opt.  Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr tpb tpa
> -ori     origin.gro  Input, Opt.  Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr tpb tpa
>   -o     edsamp.edi  Output       ED sampling input
>
> Option       Type   Value   Description
> -[no]h       bool   no      Print help info and quit
> -nice        int    0       Set the nicelevel
> -[no]xvgr    bool   yes     Add specific codes (legends etc.) in the output
>                             xvg files for the xmgrace program
> -mon         string         Indices of eigenvectors for projections of x
>                             (e.g. 1,2-5,9) or 1-100:10 means 1 11 21 31 ... 91
> -linfix      string 4,5,7,8  Indices of eigenvectors for fixed increment
>                             linear sampling
> -linacc      string         Indices of eigenvectors for acceptance linear
>                             sampling
> -flood       string         Indices of eigenvectors for flooding
> -radfix      string         Indices of eigenvectors for fixed increment
>                             radius expansion
> -radacc      string         Indices of eigenvectors for acceptance radius
>                             expansion
> -radcon      string         Indices of eigenvectors for acceptance radius
>                             contraction
> -outfrq      int    500     Freqency (in steps) of writing output in .edo file
> -slope       real   0       Minimal slope in acceptance radius expansion
> -maxedsteps  int    0       Max nr of steps per cycle
> [...]

Dr. Carsten Kutzner
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics
Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Goettingen, Germany
Tel. +49-551-2012313, Fax: +49-551-2012302
http://www.mpibpc.mpg.de/home/grubmueller/ihp/ckutzne