[gmx-users] electro-static potential energy after minimization

abdullah ahmed abdullah_renk_ahmed at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 15:44:01 CEST 2010

Thank you for your replies. You guys were right about the problem. The effect of the electrostatic interaction was being masked by the contribution of water to the coulombic energy.

I wanted to ask if there was some way to run minimization or MD in a vacuum? I only started using GROMACS last week and my understanding is limited at the moment. If I understand correctly to do MD or minimization one has to first run the "pdb2gmx", "editconf", "genbox", and "grompp" before being able to run "mdrun." But doing so forces you to add water at the editconf/genbox stage. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks again, and Bonne Journée!
Abdullah