[gmx-users] make_edi, g_covar -nofit

Carsten Kutzner ckutzne at gwdg.de
Wed May 5 17:10:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

On May 5, 2010, at 5:01 PM, vijaya subramanian wrote:

> Hi
> No, the original gromacs-4.0.7 installation was not a clone from the repository.
> So I uninstall that, and install the clone after getting the patches?
This would be convenient since for more bug fixes you would then just need to
do a 'git pull' and a recompile.
Alternatively, you can, as Mark suggested, copy the make_edi.c program from the
git gromacs directory to the corresponding location in your 4.0.7 directory and
then issue a 'make' and 'make install' again.

Carsten

> Thanks
> Vijaya
>

> From: ckutzne at gwdg.de
> Subject: Re: [gmx-users] make_edi, g_covar -nofit
> Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 09:49:22 +0200
> To: gmx-users at gromacs.org
>
> On May 4, 2010, at 10:56 PM, vijaya subramanian wrote:
>
> Hi Carsten
> A couple of quick questions:
> I already have gromacs-4.0.7 downloaded from the gromacs website.  I found that I couldn't
> use git checkout --track -b release-4-0-patches origin/release-4-0-patches to get the patches.
> fatal: Not a git repository
> Do I have to uninstall gromacs-4.0.7 and re-install gromacs obtained from the git site as below,
> then install gromacs again?
>
> Hi,
>
> if the git clone command worked, then the git checkout --track should also work.
> Maybe you forgot to change into the gromacs directory that was produced by the
> first command? You have to do the checkout --track in the directory where a
> .git subdir is present.
>
> git clone git://git.gromacs.org/gromacs.git
> cd gromacs
> git checkout --track -b release-4-0-patches origin/release-4-0-patches
>
> Carsten
>

> --
> Dr. Carsten Kutzner
> Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry
> Theoretical and Computational Biophysics
> Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Goettingen, Germany
> Tel. +49-551-2012313, Fax: +49-551-2012302
> http://www.mpibpc.mpg.de/home/grubmueller/ihp/ckutzne
>

> Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. See how. --

Dr. Carsten Kutzner