[gmx-users] Re: configure error

lina zhao0139 at ntu.edu.sg
Sat May 8 11:13:44 CEST 2010

> On 7/05/2010 11:59 PM, Emily Curtis wrote:
> > Hi Lina,
> >
> > Did you ever figure out why you were getting the message:
> >
> > gromacs checking size of void*... configure: error: cannot compute
> > sizeof (void*)
> >
> > I am also getting this error. I have read the configure.log a million
> > times and I still can't figure out why I am getting this message. The
> > strange thing is that yesterday ./configure worked perfectly.
>
> Search for "cannot compute sizeof (void*)" in config.log and look over
> the previous 100 lines or so.
>
> Mark

Hi Emily and Mark,

Sorry for later notice this information. I guess the Lina means me.

The issue could be fixed by
regenerating the configure script with autoreconf version 2.13
(on a Debian (Squeeze) box).

Any further questions please let me know. Last time I asked a computer
geek to help me fix it and I also let him post the solutions for the
record (Please check the gmx-users Digest, Vol 72, Issue 18.).

Happy weekend,

lina