[gmx-users] rmsd between different monomers

Anupam Nath Jha anupam at mbu.iisc.ernet.in
Sun May 9 12:52:21 CEST 2010

> Anupam Nath Jha wrote:
>> Dear all
>>
>> I made an index file with 4 different groups for 4 different chains (since my
>> protein is a tetramer) and then run
>>
>> g_rms -s setp_0.pdb -f setp_0.pdb -n ca_ind.ndx -o out
>>
>> to get the rmsd between two different monomers from the same structure,
>> it asked me two different groups and I gave 0 and 1.
>>
>> The output file is like this
>>
>> # g_rms -s setp_0.pdb -f setp_0.pdb -n ca_ind.ndx -o New
>> #
>> # g_rms is part of G R O M A C S:
>> #
>> # Grunge ROck MAChoS
>> #
>> @    title "RMSD"
>> @    xaxis  label "Time (ps)"
>> @    yaxis  label "RMSD (nm)"
>> @TYPE xy
>> @ subtitle "C-alpha_chain2 after lsq fit to C-alpha_chain1"
>>    0.0000000    0.0000001
>>

> In the command you've given (with the same file for -s and -f), you're computing
> the RMSD at time zero, after fitting to the structure at time zero, so the RMSD
> must be zero.

but I am giving different groups (as chains). I am trying to get RMSD between
two monomers in same structure so what's wrong in that....

-
anupam

--
Science is facts; just as houses are made of stone, so is science is made of
facts; but a pile of stones is not a house, and  a collection of facts is not

Anupam Nath Jha
Ph. D. Student
Saraswathi Vishveshwara Lab
Molecular Biophysics Unit