[gmx-users] rmsd between different monomers

Anupam Nath Jha anupam at mbu.iisc.ernet.in
Sun May 9 14:01:43 CEST 2010

Ok.

But when I run this command
g_rms -s setp_0.pdb -f setp_0.pdb -n ca_ind.ndx -o out

it ask me groups... and that i thought is for fitting///

for example -

------------------------
Select group for least squares fit
Group     0 (C-alpha_chain1) has   249 elements
Group     1 (C-alpha_chain2) has   249 elements
Group     2 (C-alpha_chain3) has   249 elements
Group     3 (C-alpha_chain4) has   249 elements
Select a group: 0
Selected 0: 'C-alpha_chain1'
Select group for RMSD calculation
Group     0 (C-alpha_chain1) has   249 elements
Group     1 (C-alpha_chain2) has   249 elements
Group     2 (C-alpha_chain3) has   249 elements
Group     3 (C-alpha_chain4) has   249 elements
Select a group:1
Selected 1: 'C-alpha_chain2'

---------------------------------

Is it not superimposing these two chins and calculating RMSD between them???

--
anupam

--
Science is facts; just as houses are made of stone, so is science is made of
facts; but a pile of stones is not a house, and  a collection of facts is not

Anupam Nath Jha
Ph. D. Student
Saraswathi Vishveshwara Lab
Molecular Biophysics Unit