[gmx-users] Help, Errors while compiling gromacs under Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Emily Curtis emilymariecurtis at gmail.com
Tue May 11 17:13:39 CEST 2010

Dr. Bonner,

I am trying to install gromacs on a mac.  I am running Leopard.  I can configure successfully, however, when I type "make" I am getting the same errors that you reported:

make[5]: *** [nb_kernel010_ppc_altivec.lo] Error 1
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I read the gcc manual but I can't figure out what flags I need to include.  Did you ever figure out the flags you needed to include to fix this?  I appreciate your help

Emily