[gmx-users] force field parameters for FeCL4 anion

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri May 14 18:16:08 CEST 2010

Nilesh Dhumal wrote:
> Hello,
> I am looking for force field paratmers of FeCL4 anion.
> I could not find which report the force field paraters for this anion.
> I am also trying to get lennard jones parameter for Fe (III).
> If any have have force field parameters for FeCl4 anion or lennard-jones
> parameter for Fe(III), let me know.

You don't say which force field you want to use, but that fact notwithstanding,
if these parameters haven't yet been published, there may be a reason:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Parameterization#Exotic_Species

Dealing with transition metals is particularly challenging, especially when
trying to use a biomolecular force field for such a species.

-Justin

> Thanks
>
> Nilesh

Justin A. Lemkul