[gmx-users] Re: OPLS-AA/L force field

Alan alanwilter at gmail.com
Tue May 18 12:13:28 CEST 2010

Hi You Zou,

Complementing Justin's message, I would invite you to take a look at
acpype.googlecode.com. It's my attempt to address problems like yours.
There's also links to some options besides ACPYPE.

Bear in mind that you should know what you're doing. I would suggest you to
read the Wiki's there as well as several references also indicated there.
ACPYPE is far from being perfect but it can be very helpful. I have my own
methodology where it would require using RED Server for accurate partial
charge calculations (ACPYPE may use SQM, which is semi-empirical, via
Antechamber), then ACPYPE (which is mostly designed for Amber FF) and then
MKTOP for getting the oplsaa atom types.

Feel free to contact.

Best regards,

Alan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.