[gmx-users] Re: minimizing ligand only

Thomas Schlesier schlesi at uni-mainz.de
Tue May 18 12:43:58 CEST 2010

To the second question:
PRODRG makes usually a very small box (sometimes smaller then the
molecule, if i remember correctly), so if you want to use periodic
boundary conditions you must make the box large enough, so that there
are no problems with cut-offs.
The easiest way to make the minimisation in vaccuo would be that you set
'pbc=no' (then you have no problems with the box size). I think with
'pbc=no' you will also need 'ns_type=simple'. Then since you will have
only few particals you can also disable the cut-offs entirely (set them
all to zero).

Greetings
Thomas