[gmx-users] Re: OPLS-AA/L force field

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed May 19 13:30:02 CEST 2010

you zou wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thank you for your help, But when I run x2top command there is one error
> that is:
> "
> Can not find forcefield for atom C1-1 with 2 bonds
> Can not find forcefield for atom C4-4 with 2 bonds
> Program x2top, VERSION 4.0.5
> Source code file: x2top.c, line: 207
>
> Fatal error:
> Could only find a forcefield type for 6 out of 24 atoms"

Not all of your atom types are described by ffoplsaa.n2t so you will have to add
them.  There are only a limited number of types that are covered by default.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/File_Formats/.n2t_File

> I don't know how can I adjust this error.
> I have one more question again, this command give me a top file, if I
> want gro file of this pdb (drug that has removed from drug-enzyme
> complex) how can I do that?

Do you just need a .gro file, and not a .top?  My understanding from your first
message was that you needed a topology.  If you just need a .gro, then simply
pass your .pdb file to editconf.

-Justin

> you zou wrote:
>> Dear Users,
>>
>> I have one question about Drug-Enzyme Complex,Similar to tutorial If I
>>
>   want to use GROMOS96 43a1, I can use "Prodrg Beta version" for drug
>> but If I want to use OPLS-AA/L all-atom force field I can use "Prodrg
>> Beta version" server too, or not?
>
> No. You can't use two different force fields in one simulation system.
>
>> If I can't use this server, how can I make .gro file and .itp file for
>> drug that remove from initial .pdb file?
>>

> There are several programs in the User Contributions from the website, x2top
> (which is distributed with Gromacs), or you can build the topology by hand. No
> matter what you choose, you need a thorough understanding of the mechanics of
> your chosen force field, methods of validation, and of course Chapter 5 in the
>
> Gromacs manual.
>

> Thanks

> Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.
> <https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969>

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar