[gmx-users] acetonitrile from amber to gromacs

durmaz at zib.de durmaz at zib.de
Wed May 19 20:33:13 CEST 2010

thanks to all so far

@anthony
i have amberTools, but not the amber MD package. is that enough for my
purpose?

@rui
acpypi -i ch3cn_210.pdb
says: "cannot find template for residue C3N in our library". and indeed,
there's no residue C3N in my ffamber99sb.rtp file

(and i don't know, how to use it in order to generate my topology or even
an rtp file?!)

but (@vitaly) editconf does create the gro file which is fine.

however, when i use
x2top -f ch3cn_210.pdb -ff select -r x2top.rtp
and choose ffamber99sb as force field, i get the error message
"Library file ffamber99sb.n2t not found in current dir nor in your GMXLIB
path". there are n2t files, but not for the amber ff.

what have i done wrong?