[gmx-users] asking help for simulation of protein in 8M urea

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu May 20 09:54:38 CEST 2010

Hi Caty,

In addition to Luca's comments, also consider what you mean with 8M.
Molarity is defined as mole per liter, but the addition of urea may
have an effect on the volume, such that adding a volume x urea to a
volume y water does not yield a volume x+y. Especially with such high
concentrations you might be better off with molalities (mole/kg).
Then you probably want to first generate a box of urea in water by
adding a adding a box of water to a box of urea and letting it diffuse
(at a high temperature). But only after you figured out the answers to
Luca's questions :)

Cheers,

Tsjerk