[gmx-users] Re: Re: energy decreasing in NVE simulation

Yan Yun-an yun-an.yan at uni-rostock.de
Thu May 20 13:05:52 CEST 2010

Dear Erik,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I appreciate it.

Yun-an Yan

Erik Marklund writes:

 >For more exotic NVE-systems I had to do some or several of the
following

 >things to get stable Etot:

 >* have an even shorter timestep than one would expect from the applied
 >constraints and such.

I will try a timestep with 0.5 fs.
 >* use double precision.
The double precision is already in use.
 >* apply the constraints with lower tolerance/more iterations etc.
I thought shake_tol = 1.e-8 is small enough. May I try an even
smaller value?
Or the lincs algorithm with lincs_order=8 and lincs_iter=2 is
recommended
instead of shake?
 >Then there's a few things I notice in your setup:
 >* I see that you do not use constrints at all. I would give it a shot.
I will try.

 >* Why do you have two separate comm-grps?
Since it is a solute-solvent fashion MD, I am trying to keeping the
solute
part close the center of the simulation box. But it does not work in
this way.
Do you have any idea about that?