[gmx-users] Re: OPLS-AA/L force field

you zou zou.you at live.com
Sat May 22 02:11:33 CEST 2010

Hi again,Sorry, I have one question now, what is the meaning of structure? I think coordinates is structure, is it true?If it is true, when I used "editconf -f drg.pdb -o drg.gro" number of atoms are different from top file and editconf can not add hydrogens to drg.gro. If Gromacs can handle .pdb, How can it do this, because number of atoms are different(Which command I have to use?). If can't handle it how can I add Hydrogens to drg.gro?Thanks,

you zou wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Sorry I confused you with my question. My question is How can I make .gro
> file and .top file from drug.pdb (that removed from drug-enzyme.pdb)?
>
> If I can use x2top command I will make .top file just, is it true? I think
> .gro file is dependent on forcefiled too so If I use editconf command I will
> miss something, is it true?

If you want to use x2top, the assumption is that the structure is already
appropriate as is, that is it is properly protonated. The only tool that is
smart enough to add force field-specific hydrogens is pdb2gmx. If you're using
OPLS-AA, then you should have all hydrogens present, anyway. If that's true,
then you can use editconf to create a .gro file (which is not absolutely
necessary; Gromacs can handle .pdb files just fine). If you don't have all the
appropriate atoms present in your molecule's structure, then you need to build a
proper structure.

-Justin

-