[gmx-users] coarse grain dynamics

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue May 25 17:19:50 CEST 2010

ram bio wrote:
> thanks,
>
> but i am using gromacs version 4.0.07

I think the general consensus thus far is you won't be able to do what you want
without significant effort to reconstruct your system, and perhaps then you
should question whether any tools that seek to build optimal hydrogens from CG
structures are going to bias the result.  Would those hydrogen bonds have
actually formed in an AA simulation?  Hard to tell.  If you want to analyze
hydrogen bonds, CG approximations are not probably sufficient.

This is a good exercise in planning your analysis before conducting your
simulation.  You can probably estimate some sort of polar contacts from your CG
representation, but not hydrogen bonds.

-Justin

> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Esteban Gabriel Vega Hissi
> <egvega at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> To change between representations (atomistic <--> coarse grained), if you
>> are using the MARTINI FF, you can use the modified version of Gromacs 3.3,
>> check here: http://md.chem.rug.nl/cgmartini/index.php/tools/113-rt
>> If you don't want to switch to full-atomistic representation, check which CG
>> atom types are able to form hydrogen bonds and look for interactions between
>> them. Obviously, this will be an approximation.
>>
>> Esteban G. Vega-Hissi
>> UNSL
>> San Luis
>> Argentina
>> --
>> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Jared James Thompson <thompsjj at purdue.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> There are programs around for reconstruction of full-atomistic
>>> representations
>>> from coarse-grained representations, however. I don't know if there are

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee