[gmx-users] large sim box

Yan Gao y1gao at ucsd.edu
Wed May 26 01:18:10 CEST 2010

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your comments! They are very helpful.

I still have several questions regarding your comments:
1. Which constraints should I apply for 2fs stepsize? hbonds, all-bonds,
h-angles, all-angles
I am simulating molecules that contain carbon nanotubes and polymer chains.
May I have your suggestions based on your experience? Thanks.

2.If I understand correctly, it is enough to use the default value for
xtc-precision = 1000.
I am not quite understand about this. Does 1000 means that it is calculated
with precision of 0.001 nm? and 1000000 for 1e-6 nm? Thanks.

3. Regarding the MPI, may I have your suggestions on any illustrative
examples of parallelization with MPI for gromacs?
 How can I know if the cluster support MPI? The cluster I am using have
linux system.
 It seems from the FAQ that I need to re-configure the Gromacs to enable
mpi. Do I need additional software/program to support the parallelization?
Can I implement the parallelization just like I implement the single
processor task? or with several more bash commands? Thanks.

Thank you very much for your time and help!

Young

Yan Gao
Jacobs School of Engineering
University of California, San Diego