[gmx-users] Re: PMF in vacuum (chris.neale at utoronto.ca)

Eudes Fileti fileti at ufabc.edu.br
Wed May 26 21:31:29 CEST 2010

Hello Chris, thanks for your attention.
I'm sending you some links to some tests
I performed. As I said you will notice that
depending on the parameter used my simulation
shows PMF profiles quite different. Especially what
concerns to the difference between the use or not of the PBC.

https://sites.google.com/site/fileti/files/test1.jpg
https://sites.google.com/site/fileti/files/test2.jpg
https://sites.google.com/site/fileti/files/histo.png

I have constructed two very similar topologies (ben-a.itp and ben-b.itp)
where I put a virtual site in the center of benzene.
This sites were restrained to keep my molecules
fixed distance desired.

The basic details of the simulations are given below:1000

define                   = -DPOSRES
integrator               = sd
tinit                    = 0
dt                       = 0.002
nsteps                   = 5000000 or 500000
comm-mode                = angular
nstcomm                  = 1
comm-grps                = System
bd-fric                  = 1