[gmx-users] umbrella sampling

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sun May 30 14:14:54 CEST 2010

Dear Qian:

Debiasing equations for this can be found by analogy to eq. 16 and 17
in the the original Torrie and Valleau US paper: "Nonphysical sampling
distributions in Monte Carlo free-energy estimation: Umbrella sampling".

Alternatively, I used a simple method in
doi:10.1016/j.cplett.2008.05.099 which was to run 2-dimensional WHAM
with my quantity of interest as the second dimension, but assigning
this second dimension a force constant of zero.

Be careful with either method, though, as apparent convergence of the
free energy does not imply convergence of all other observables.

Chris.