[gmx-users] SPC/E water RDF

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sun May 30 16:30:51 CEST 2010

Dear Francisco:

1. gromacs already has an spce.itp file. Try using that one directly
and see if your answer changes. If it does, then one file is in error.

2. the density of spc/e is not 1g/cc. First thing, you should try to
reproduce an RDF from the literature for which you use exactly the
same conditions. You mention NPT so try it. Also, be sure that you are
using the same cutoffs/PME/etc.

2b. If you can get the published RDF in part 2, then you can try
varying one condition at a time, e.g. take your density-equilibrated
NPT box and try running some NVT and ensure that you still get the
correct RDF.

Chris.