[gmx-users] Re: Charmm36 FF and membrane

Thomas Piggot t.piggot at soton.ac.uk
Mon Nov 1 11:51:58 CET 2010

Hi,

This is more of a GROMACS problem than a specific problem related to
this lipid conversion so it is best to keep these questions on the
GROMACS mailing list (I have copied my reply there).

The warning is fairly explanatory, your input POPE structure (for POPE
315) is missing this hydrogen. This means that whatever you did in VMD
to generate the structure did not add this hydrogen. You should have
been able to solve this by adding the appropriate lines into the .hdb
(which is left empty as the user is expected to provide an all-atom
lipid input structure, the same as in the CHARMM27 forcefield in
GROMACS). I cannot tell why this has not worked without you providing
more details of what you did.

However, rather than trying to either fix what you did in VMD or add
entries into the .hdb, the easiest solution is to your problem is to
just use an available CHARMM36 bilayer as input for pdb2gmx:

http://terpconnect.umd.edu/~jbklauda/research/download.html

Cheers

Tom

--