[gmx-users] Reg:walls and pbc xy

vinothkumar mohanakrishnan kmvinoth at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 07:19:48 CET 2010

Hi Gromacians

I want to create a liquid-liquid interface and study its properties. Hence i
combined two boxes ( say water and DCE). The two boxes  are well
equilibrated before merging and i created an interface. Now i want to
perform energy minimisation for the interface by appling pbc in the xy
direction and using walls. ( If i apply pbc in all the directions i get two
interfaces where as i need only one interface hence i am applying it only on
the xy direction and removing the boundary condition in the Z
direction.).When i performed the energy minimisation for the interfacial
system but i found that my system is exploding (several PDB files are
written while running mdrun is executed) and i dont know why?.There is no
issue when i use pbc in all directions. below is my em.mdp file. any help is
highly appreciated.

integrator    = steep
emtol        = 40.0
emstep          = 0.01