[gmx-users] xtc corrupted during REMD

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Nov 22 13:16:29 CET 2010

On 22/11/2010 7:11 PM, andrea spitaleri wrote:
> Hi,
> two on five have magic error at the same time. The simulation ends
> fine. Just the xtc files are corrupted. The magic error is systematic,
> since I repeated the simulation 4 times and I get the same behavior
> (at different time) after the continuing run. First time, I suspected
> for some I/O error, but now it sounds a bit strange. I will ask for a
> long simulation 50ns without extending steps.

Hmm. A GROMACS code problem is most likely to be manifest by exactly
reproducible behaviour. A filesystem problem would be erratic, but
should not only occur on run extensions. You could try the continuations
with mdrun -reprod to eliminate a few GROMACS-related
non-reproducibility attributes. This is more of a diagnostic than a
long-term solution, however.

Mark