[gmx-users] find the relevant structure out

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Nov 23 17:55:44 CET 2010

Quoting #ZHAO LINA# <ZHAO0139 at e.ntu.edu.sg>:

> I really do not know how to get those beta-sheet structures out,
> or maybe by which ways?

Visualization software can sometimes assign the secondary structure incorrectly.
 If you have some justifiable reason to believe that a certain secondary
structure exists (i.e. DSSP, STRIDE, etc) then you can use the "alter" feature
of PyMOL to render the secondary structure in the way that you believe to be
correct.

-Justin

> Any clues are warmly welcomed and appreciated.
>
> lina

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar