[gmx-users] charmm tip5p in Gmx 4.5.X

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Oct 6 21:32:34 CEST 2010

Yao Yao wrote:
> Hi Berk,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Actually I followed the fws-peptide simulation in Dr. JE Kerrigan's tutorial,
> but in charmm27 force field with tip5p water.
>
> Before several warnings in the simulation step, I found that even in energy
> minimization step the protein cannot be settled. I sent my mdp file to the
> forum, and got an ok from Justin.
>
> So I am concerned about the compatibility between tip5p and charmm force
> field in gromacs, as well as the potential improvement in the new version.

What improvement do you believe to exist?  The latest revision involving TIP5P
and CHARMM (on September 10) was to remove TIP5P from the list of possible water
models in charmm27.ff/watermodels.dat so that users wouldn't combine CHARMM +
TIP5P.  The suggested water model for CHARMM is TIP3P.

-Justin

> Sincerely,
>
> Yao

Justin A. Lemkul