[gmx-users] do_dssp failed to execute

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Oct 11 15:07:56 CEST 2010

Sunita Patel wrote:
> ***
> *Dear Mark,
>
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 22:54:44 +1100, Mark Abraham wrote

I would suspect something else was going on.  Note from the error message that
the dssp executable was not even invoked:

Failed to execute command: /home/sunita/soft/bin -na ...

Thus, do_dssp was trying to execute "bin" instead of "dssp."

The DSSP environment variable must point to the dssp executable itself, not the
PATH to it.  Maybe you've got things working now, but do check to make sure
you've got your environment properly configured to save yourself headaches later.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar