[gmx-users] the problem of gromacs-4.5.1 has been solved

fancy2012 fancy2012 at yeah.net
Wed Oct 13 10:20:54 CEST 2010

Dear GMX users,
Yesterday I sent the following two mails to this archive, and now my problems have been solved.

Dear GMX users,
I did some MD in parallel using gromacs-4.5.1, but it failed to work! But it worked successfully when didn't use parallel version! It showed like this: Will use 12 particle-particle and 4 PME only nodes
I searched the archive, and I found that someone also have this problem using gromacs-4.0.7. But I still don't find a effective way to solve it. Could someone give me some suggestion? Thanks very much in advance!
All the best,
fancy

Dear GMX users,
There is another question. Is there some problems of gromacs-4.5.1 when compiling it using icc, while compiling fftw-3.2.2 using gcc? Or it is just OK?
Thanks very much!
All the best,
fancy

After I compiled gromacs-4.5.1 using icc, while compiling fftw-3.1.3 using icc, the parallel version of gromacs could run successfully. But I am strange that I can't compile fftw-3.2.2 using icc, that's why I chose gcc yesterday! Maybe there is a bug, or whatever!
Thanks very much!
All the best,
fancy