[gmx-users] regrding sampling in transtion path sampling

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sun Oct 24 19:42:10 CEST 2010

Sounds like this is not specific to transition path sampling.

Generally, save the trajectory and run g_dist after mdrun.

If you want to have the distance stored very often, then you should
technically be able to add the pull code with a force constant of zero
and have the pullx.xvg file track the displacement for you. Be careful
though, I have previously run into problems while trying to get too
fancy and using things in ways that the either the original developer
didn't consider or whose consequences I didn't entirely comprehend.
Here, you'll want to test that having a force constant of zero is not
going to cause some problem by running a small box of water with such
a pull-code restraint on two water molecules and checking that all
observables are the same as a control simulation that doesn't use the
pull code at all.

Chris.