[gmx-users] RE: Gibbs free energy of binding

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sun Oct 24 20:02:54 CEST 2010

Mohsen,

Writing H as E+PV does not change the nature of my question. It was
said that when computing binding Delta Delta G between two close
variants, most entropic contributions would tend to cancel. My
question is why, when there are many components to the gibbs free
energy, would some components (stated as entropy) cancel in a delta
delta G while some are not expected to cancel (implicitly taken to be
enthalpy or internal energy or pressure volume work). And also, is
this a hunch or has it been shown?

Thanks,
Chris.