[gmx-users] Re: gmx-users Digest, Vol 78, Issue 186

eva.pluharova at marge.uochb.cas.cz eva.pluharova at marge.uochb.cas.cz
Mon Oct 25 16:35:06 CEST 2010

Hi Justin,

thank you for suggestion about changing the integrator, but I would like
to know why it is not possible to sample properly by md under these
circumstances.

1. Do you know any papers about sampling efficiency of systems with almost
or completely switched off particles? How does it depend on the kind of
thermostat or barostat?

2. Note, that you can switch off the LJ particle also by creating B
topology with sigma and epsilon equal to 0 in the .top file, not using
couple-moltype. Doing so, there is no warning, but these approaches are
equivalent. This seems like internal inconsistency in Gromacs.

Thanks again for any hints.

Best,

Eva