[gmx-users] Charmm36 in Gromacs: missing dihedrals

Thomas Piggot t.piggot at soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 27 17:44:49 CEST 2010

You are doing something strange. The dihedrals section you posted is not
the one which should have been produced by pdb2gmx if you selected the
correct force field. When I run pdb2gmx then I get all of these
dihedrals. Also in your posted section then you have the wrong function
  for the dihedrals (it should be 9 not 1), which again suggests you are
doing something very wrong. Are you sure you selected the correct force
field and posted the correct topology?

The GROMOS force fields are another matter, where yes these dihedrals
are deliberately excluded. If you search on the internet (and probably
this mailing list) you will find more information about this.

Oh and by the way if you intend to run protein and lipid simulations
(with CHARMM36) then make sure you use the -nochargegrp option for pdb2gmx.

Cheers

Tom

--
Dr Thomas Piggot