[gmx-users] incomplete frame

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Sep 3 12:05:09 CEST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Carla Jamous <carlajamous at gmail.com>
Date: Friday, September 3, 2010 18:40
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] incomplete frame
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>

> I didn't un out of disk space but the size of my concatenated .xtc file is 4 GB.
> Why? the size of my file affects trjconv?

No, if the filesystem (e.g. the Windows-95-era FAT32 filesystem, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table) simply cannot cope with a file that large, and doesn't return an error when the limit is met, then trjcat will think it has succeeded in writing a larger file. Then, later, trjconv observes the erroneous condition. Presumably, the solution is using a real filesystem. :-)

Mark