[gmx-users] Can I put an external force on atoms in a specific region in gromacs?

Hu Zhongqiao zhongqiao_hu at nus.edu.sg
Mon Sep 6 06:15:13 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I only know in gromacs one can put external force on a group of atom. Now I want to put an external force on atoms in a specific region. For instance, say, the box size in z direction is 10 nm, I want to put force on all atoms in region from z = 4 nm to z = 6 nm during whole simulation, no matter how atoms in system change their positions. Anyone knows if there is a tricky way to realize it?

Best wishes,
Zhongqiao