[gmx-users] ARG Charmm gmx 4.5.1

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 15:46:56 CEST 2010

Hi,

I think there is no point in exactly copying the way a certain program treats things technically,
except for checking force field implementation, but since that can be done without cut-off's
there no real need.
Charge groups are an ancient leftover from the old times when plain cut-off's were used.
I don't actually know if Charmm uses charge groups with PME.
But having no charge-groups at all leads to no artifacts, so that's the best solution anyhow.

I will try to completely get rid of charge groups in Gromacs in the next major release,
so we get rid of these issues once and for all.

Berk