[gmx-users] viscosity calculation

Payman Pirzadeh ppirzade at ucalgary.ca
Wed Sep 29 20:52:12 CEST 2010

Well, two questions:

1. My bulk values are fluctuating around 60 (I assume cP). But it looks like
very weird to me since experimental value for water viscosity is 0.854 cP.
My system is at 265K with 4202 molecules. Is sth strange going on? Or I am
missing some unit conversions in the plot.

2. For calculation of protein diffusion constant, should we use the bulk or
shear viscosity of the solvent (water)?

Payman