[gmx-users] How to merge 2 top-files

Peter C. Lai pcl at uab.edu
Wed Apr 6 00:50:48 CEST 2011

In this case,
Can't you just use pdb2gmx to regenerate the topology file from the merged
gro which will resolve the separate moleculechains for you?

On 2011-03-30 04:25:34AM -0500, Mark Abraham wrote:
> On 30/03/2011 8:14 PM, Ghassen Hassani wrote:
>
> Dear Friends,
> Right now i am working on the docking of a small ligand to a receptor. in order to begin md simulations in gromacs, i need to create some files..
>
> I have already docked my ligand to the receptor and i have those files:
>    - ligand_receptor.gro
>    - posre.itp (for only the receptor !!)
>

> I have 2 Questions:
>
> 1- How can i expand the posre.itp file to also include the ligand.data ?
>

> Don't. The position restraints file is intended to be #included from within a [moleculetype]. You have two, so you need two position restraint files, each #included from a different, appropriate place. The GROMACS tool genrestr can help generate that for the ligand.
>
>     that means how can i do to create a posre.itp-file for my ligand_receptor-komplex ?
>

> Don't.
>

> 2- I have 2 separate top-files: ligand.top (from the prodrg-server) and the receptor.top file. How can i "merge" the 2 files and obtain the file ligand_receptor.top for the whole ligand-receptor-komplex ?
>

> You need to convert one of your [moleculetype] definitions in one of your .top files into an .itp file (http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/File_Formats/.itp_File) and #include it suitably from the other. See chapter 5 of the manual for details. This is tricky, do your homework first. Note that you should take note of the warning here: http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/Related_Software/PRODRG
>

> Many thanx, please email-me on my adress: greendreams1983 at yahoo.de<mailto:greendreams1983 at yahoo.de>
>
> Yours.
>

> No, that is against accepted netiquette. If your question is worth answering, then that answer is worth broadcasting and archiving so others can learn from it.
>
> Mark

Peter C. Lai                 | University of Alabama-Birmingham
Programmer/Analyst           | BEC 257
Genetics, Div. of Research   | 1150 10th Avenue South
pcl at uab.edu                  | Birmingham AL 35294-4461
(205) 690-0808               |