[gmx-users] multicomponent system- units

Elisabeth katesedate at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 05:39:28 CEST 2011

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your reply. I have already created the energy groups. I am
trying to validate pairwise energy values (nonbonded) with some other work (
a thermodynamic model) where they fit these AA AB BB (E_AA, E_AB, E_BB)
energies so that some phase diagrams are reproduced. The pairwise energies
defined in the model are in KJ/mol.

Since my energies are not per mol, my results are useless, unfortunately. As
they depend on number of molecules in the system. To achieve my goal, what
do you suggest? For a binary system, can I run two separate simulations for
pure A and B in which case using -nmol gives per mol energies and somehow
predict AB from them? Does this make sense?

Please guide me, I am stuck on this..

Thanks,