[gmx-users] Density Differences

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Apr 13 14:33:22 CEST 2011

Kavyashree M wrote:
> I am sorry I did not include it in the mail: i used the following:
>
> pcoupl                  = Parrinello_Rahman
> pcoupltype              = isotropic
> tau_p                   = 2.0
> compressibility         = 4.5e-5
> ref_p                   = 1.0
>
> I agree that density of water is different  depending on the model used,
> so for tip4p water what is the range of fluctuations accepted? So that
> we can conclude that the difference is not due to any other reason but
> the water model used.

The extent of fluctuation in any pressure-related term depends on the size of
your system and several of the .mdp settings.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Pressure

For the actual target value of TIP4P density, refer to the literature.  The
TIP4P citation is provided in the Gromacs manual.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar