[gmx-users] mdrun_mpi in HP_MPI LSF/SLURM setup

Larcombe, Lee l.larcombe at cranfield.ac.uk
Sat Apr 16 23:51:36 CEST 2011

Thanks Mark,

HP-MPI is configured correctly on the system - an HP XC 3000 >800 cores.
It works for all the other users (none gromacs) and no I've tested it, I
can launch an mpi job which runs fine on the login node (two quad core
xeons)

It seems to be an issue with the number of processors passed from the BSUB
settings in the LSF script via srun to gromacs. I just wondered whether
anyone else had 4.5.3 working in a similar setup?

Most of the LSF/SLURM stuff I can google (not much) seems to be pre 4.5
where mdrun_mpi will take the depreciated command line switch to tell it
the number of processors

Lee

Dr Lee Larcombe
- Lecturer in Genetics & Computational Biology
- London Technology Network Business Fellow
- Course Director of MSc Applied Bioinformatics

Course website: http://bit.ly/cM6SkT
Group Research: http://bit.ly/bfqtyo

Bioinformatics Group, Cranfield University
Bedfordshire MK43 0AL.   T: +44 (0)1234 758320