[gmx-users] genbox output taking forever to complete

majid hasan pu_majidhasan at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 21:27:10 CEST 2011

Okay, so here is an output attached, for cubic box of length 10 (I removed some
atoms to reduce the size below 50kB).

Actually,  the carbon atoms are all placed at   0<x<4,  0 <y< 2.5,    0<z<3.5.
While solvent and DNA atoms are in the region      4<x,y,z<6. So only DNA is
solvated, while CNT is just lying  outside. Though I might have placed solvent
in a cube of length 10  (using: editconf -f spc216.pdb -o spc216.gro -box 10 10
10), could this  be the reason?

I am at the moment trying to solvate the whole  system (in a cubic box of 20)
without specifying -box in editconf -o  spc216.gro, but this is taking long, its
running for about half an hour   after reaching this point: Reading solvent
configuration "Quotation" Solvent configuration contains 648 atoms in  216
residues. Is that much time normal, I am running it on my laptop,  which is 2GB
Ram, and Dual Core ~1.4GHz processor?

Thanks a lot,
Majid