[gmx-users] pdb2gmx segmentation fault

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Apr 20 15:33:27 CEST 2011

Ragothaman Yennamalli wrote:
> These were the exact commands used to install fftw 3.2.2
> ./configure  --prefix=/export/home/raghu/fftw --enable-float
> --enable-shared CC=cc F77=f77
> make -j 48
> make install
>
> These were the exact commands used to install gromacs4.5.4
> ./configure  --prefix=/export/home/raghu/gromacs --with-fft=fftw3
> --without-x --enable-float CC=gcc-4.3.2 CXX=g++-4.3.2 CFLAGS='-O3
> -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -Wall -Wno-unused -msse2
> -funroll-all-loops -std=gnu99 -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS'

I'm no compiler expert, but is it necessary to set all these CFLAGS here?  Does
the installation fail for some reason if they're not set?

Also, how is Gromacs finding FFTW?  You haven't set the CPPFLAGS or LDFLAGS.

> make -j 48
> make install
>
> I had installed the gromacs version 4.5.3 earlier and encountered the
> same problem with pdb2gmx. Hence installed the latest version.

This would indicate to me that the problem is not necessarily in Gromacs, but
the way you're installing it, and as Mark suggested, is probably related to some
static/shared library issue.

-Justin

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080