[gmx-users] Docking

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 27 12:27:15 CEST 2011

On 4/27/2011 7:52 PM, mohsen ramezanpour wrote:
> Dear Mark
> Thank you for your reply.yes,you are right.
>
> Regarding question 2:
> I have a pdf file from "Docking Server" for sertraline-SERT
> example.Suppose this is a good docked state.
>
> In the other hand,I did what I explained in section 1 for sertraline
> and SERT.(by pymol and ...)
> Now, I want to check if I have docked sertraline to SERT correctly or
> not( by comparing with Docking server's one)
> How can I do that?

Comparing MD-docked structures and otherwise-docked structures is easy -
look at the RMS deviation of atom positions, to start with. However, a
small or large deviation is not evidence that either docked structure
bears any relationship to what happens in vivo.

> Do you have any suggestion for doing docking by gromacs? for example
> pulling code, MD , or SMD?

People use these kinds of methods for good reasons. Time spent reading
up on how and why is time well spent.

Mark