[gmx-users] atom types

Gavin Melaugh gmelaugh01 at qub.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 14:24:18 CEST 2011

Hi Justin

I see that we may have got our wires crossed from the off.
Consider the [pairs] directive, which determines which atoms interact
in a 1,4 manner.  Consider two atoms listed the [pairs] directive. From
the point of the Coulombic interaction between these two atoms I suppose
my original question should have been: Does mdrun, when calculating the
Coulombic potential between these two atoms, use the charges assigned to
the atoms in the [atomtypes] directive or [atoms] directive ?

Cheers

Gavin