[gmx-users] PRODRG topology

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Aug 4 17:29:04 CEST 2011

Marzinek, Jan wrote:
> Dear Gromacs Users,
>

> I used PRODRG server in order to obtain the topology file for my
> molecule (52 atoms with all hydrogens). However, server generated
> Gromacs topology which involves 47 atoms (for PDB file with
> polar/aromatic hydrogens). Whether I will use the pdb file with missing
> 4 hydrogen that wont be a good apporximation. How to overcome this?

The Gromos96 force fields are united-atom force fields and may not use all the H
atoms your input coordinates did.  If you suspect some issue with protonation
state, PRODRG can be forced into certain protonation with the ADDHYD or DELHYD
keywords.  Be advised, of course, of the usual caveats regarding the quality of
PRODRG topologies:

http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/Related_Software/PRODRG#Tips

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate